St. Patrick's Day 5k Run & Walk!
Run or walk through the heart of beautiful downtown Peterborough & help raise money for Peterborough Nordic Club! Sunday March 12th, 1:30pm start, Peterborough Memorial Centre
The St. Patrick's Day 5K is returning to Peterborough once again, after 6 successful years on MARCH 12TH 2023. Runners & Walkers will have the unique opportunity to run or walk down the centre of a traffic-free George Street, blazing the trail for the St. Patrick's Day Parade, later that day.
- Race Day Registration & Race Kit Pick-Up: 12:00pm-1:15pm at PNC Pub & Grill, 151 Lansdowne St,
- Again this year, green shirts will not be provided. We're trying to do our part to help the environment and a one time use t-shirt wasn't helping. Please wear your green shirt (and St. Patrick's Day themed outfit) and if you don't have one we have plenty from previous year's you are welcome to have.
- Race Day Registration Available, please bring cash.
- Everyone Starts Together: 1:30pm at Roger Neilson Way just outside the Peterborough Memorial Centre
- Face Painting, Water, Coffee & Hot Chocolate & Bananas available to all athletes, please bring your own reusable cup/bottle.
- The U.N released their report about climate change - and it really struck a chord. All Runner's Life Events will now do their part to go "Green". Here are some of the things we're trying to do:
1. NO RACE T-SHIRTS ????
Many runners have accumulated piles & piles of race tees that hardly get worn – you don’t need another one!
Instead just wear a green shirt to run, or borrow one from Runner’s Life!
2. PACKAGE-FREE SNACKS ????
Crinkly plastic wrap ends up in the garbage!
Instead, fruit will be served and it will be composted afterward.
3. NO RACE PAMPHLETS??
This will help reduce waste at the event
4. NO PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES/CUPS ??
?Please bring a reusable bottle.
There will be tons of places to fill up
5.CARPOOL, BIKE, WALK OR EVEN RUN to the event to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
We believe EVERY business can play a part and make changes to better our planet.??
-Baby joggers and dogs welcome (dogs aren't allowed in the PMC)
-Chip timed event. Results available on Splitstiming.com
-Plenty of parking available at the Memorial Centre
-Washrooms available at the Memorial Centre
-30min. time limit to make it halfway to City Hall (2.5k),
othewise you just turn around early. The parade starts at 2pm.
Awards will be Goodr Sunglasses For All Age Group Winners!
Awards at PMC Bar & Grill at 3pm.Awards will be for the Top 3 Males & Females Overall & the Top Male/Female in Each age group, 19 & under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
Also, Best Costume Award so get in the Irish Spirit!
Top Male & Female receive FREE New Balance Shoes!
Post Race Party at the PMC Bar & Grill!Join us to ring in the St. Patrick's Day Spirit, bring a friend!